How do I install two MT4s on the same computer?
You can install several MT4s on the same computer and use NNFX Algo Tester on several MT4s. This can be useful to speed up the testing process or if you want to use multiple licenses at the same time.
Two MT4s installed are also needed to use the 28 Automator.
MT4 can no longer be downloaded directly from the MetaQuotes website (MT5 will be installed instead), but you can download MT4 by opening an account with any broker that offers this trading platform, like Blueberry Markets:
MT4 for Windows: https://blueberrymarkets.com/downloads/blueberrymarkets2setup.exe
MT4 for Mac: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/MetaTrader4.dmg
To install two or more MT4s on your PC:
- Double click on the installer to start the MT4 installation. Next,in the window below, click on Settings.
- You must choose two different names for the MT4s. So as an example let's call this MT4 "Blueberry markets MetaTrader 4 - For Login".
Click Next > to complete the installation.
- To install another MT4 click again on the installer and then on Settings.
We have to give this MT4 a different name. Let's call it "Blueberry markets MetaTrader 4 - For Backtesting". Click Next > to complete the installation.
- You should just have a shortcut named "Blueberry Markets Metatrader 4" that will open the "Blueberry markets MetaTrader 4 - For Login" (since it was installed first).
To create a shortcut to the "Blueberry markets MetaTrader 4 - For Backtesting": open explorer and in the installation folder right click on the "terminal.exe" file Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut).
- You will now have two MT4s installed on your computer.